Welcome to GoodFishin'
A Fishing Adventure by Martha Goodfellow
SKIN CANCER AWARENESS
Skin cancer is the most common type of cancer in the United States. According to the American Academy of Dermatology more than 8,500 people will be diagnosed with skin cancer each day. Melanoma is the deadliest of all skin cancers and is the most common form of cancer in young adults aged 25-29. One American dies from melanoma every hour! How do you protect yourself and your family? - Protect your skin from becoming tanned, burned or blistered.
- Don't use tanning beds EVER! Indoor tanning represents one of the greatest avoidable skin cancer risks.
- Limit your exposure to the sun and wear sunscreen every day (and not just on your face)!
- Use SPF 30 or higher, wear protective clothing such as hats, shades and long sleeve shirts.
See your dermatologist every year for a skin exam. Early detection is key to successful treatment and survival.
- If you notice a new mole or notice changes in an existing mole schedule an appointment.
- Never ignore a new mole or a changing mole, especially if it is larger than a pencil eraser, has irregular borders, bleeds, has an uneven surface or is asymmetric.
Dr. Price in Greenville, SC is offering a 20% discount on Elta MD sun care products.
I personally use the Elta MD UV Sport Broad-Spectrum SPF 50.
by Martha Goodfellow
Visit my "Summer Safety Tips" page for more information: http://goodfishin.weebly.com/summer-safety.html
site updated July 18, 2017